Monday, November 28, 2005

Take a Bow


Take a Bow
Originally uploaded by PhoebeJ.
Taking photos of birds requires patience, a virtue that for me is sometimes in short supply. It also takes some luck and, oh, having your camera adjusted properly. A combination of luck and skill can lead to some interesting results.

I got this photo of a black-capped chickadee that had grabbed a peanut. As luck would have it, I snapped him with his wings up. Looks like he's taking a big theatrical bow.



Then, with the camera set with too small an aperture, I somehow got this photo of a chickadee who looks like he's a ghost. It was daytime (although a gray day), not night, when I got this shot and I was able to lighten it enough so that you can see the detail pretty well.



The night before there was a big, gibbous moon, and I took this shot. The flash went off which illuminated the tree. Very spooky.

2 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

Chicadee very cool

Nancy said...

I like all three. My photos of the moon never really come out very well! Your bird shots are very good. As usual.

Hey, I just noticed the photo David is using. I took that in the car on Thanksgiving. Hmm.