Friday, November 11, 2005

Day Off


Chickadee, Central Park
Originally uploaded by PhoebeJ.
I had the day off. It was Veteran's Day so I guess a lot of people were off, but it was just a regular day off for me since the store was open.

It was quite chilly, especially out of the sun which came and went throughout the day. But I went to Central Park with binoculars and camera.

The highlights were a flock of cedar waxwings at Tanner Springs, rusty blackbirds at the Azalea Pond and by Balcony Bridge, shovelers on the Reservoir and the cute chickadee at the top.





Shoveler

And, of course, there were the usual suspects--the squirrels.

Over all, a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

How fun! Wonderful photos. I am jealous of your ability and camera! LOL

Phoebe said...

Hey, you're no slouch yourself!

Nancy said...

Thanks, but you have the better camera! And you have used it so much. Lucky for all of us!