Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Big Bag


Big Bag Felted
Originally uploaded by PhoebeJ
Well, any family member who reads this will probably know what she's getting for Christmas...

I made this felted bag from a pattern on Ravelry. A friend had made it with reds. Her young son quickly dubbed it the "Elmo bag" because one of the colors matched his hero. I went a different route, but I do love the pattern which is very easy but produces a lovely finished product. I haven't decided if perhaps I should felt it a bit more, but the density of the fabric is very nice as it is.

And don't we all need more bags to take to the supermarket? Those dumb bags they sell at the store are practical, but boring--and they have those store logos on them. This bag makes a statement without any ads.

Kitten Approved

Nora seemed to like the bag too. So far she hasn't been inside it, but I imagine that's in her future too.

No comments: